41136241-1362. Powers and duties; governmental mall description; duty of city of Phoenix; general plan application
A. The commission may:
1. Accept gifts or grants of monies or other property from any person, including the United States or any agencies, departments or officers of the state.
2. Appoint and employ officers and employees as it deems necessary.
3. Prescribe rules as necessary to carry out the provisions of this article.
B. The commission shall:
1. Elect a chairman from among its members.
2. Develop and maintain and amend as necessary a comprehensive long range general plan for the development of the governmental mall comprised of the area described in subsection C of this section.
3. Encourage public agencies as defined in section 11 951 to enter into intergovernmental agreements or contracts pursuant to title 11, chapter 7, article 3 as necessary to implement the general plan for the development of the governmental mall.
4. Review and approve or disapprove in writing requests for permission to develop structures or sites or award construction contracts for new buildings or improvements within the governmental mall. The commission shall review requests submitted by the state or a political subdivision of this state in which the state or political subdivision has a contractual interest to ensure consistency with the approved general plan.
5. Review all planning activities within governmental mall boundaries.
6. Publish an annual report on the issues brought before the commission and its recommendations.
C. The governmental mall is comprised of the area with a western boundary of nineteenth avenue, a northern boundary of all lots abutting Van Buren street, an eastern boundary of seventh avenue and a southern boundary of the Harrison street alignment.
D. The city of Phoenix annually shall inform the commission of new major development projects and new major infrastructure improvements including but not limited to parks, streets and street scaping within the downtown area redevelopment plan as defined pursuant to section 36 1471.
E. If the general plan of the city, county or state agency for land development does not conform with the general plan developed by the commission for the development of the governmental mall, the general plan developed by the commission for the development of the governmental mall applies and shall be enforced. 411362