|General information about the journal
For the past three centuries the Ural has been the core of Russian metallurgical industry. As long ago as in the beginning of the XIX century P.P.Anosov founded in Zlatoust one of the first industrial laboratories whose works played a great role in the development of the science of metals. In our days the Ural remains the focus of numerous ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgical enterprises and big centres of metallurgical science. One of such centres is the South Ural State University. The key goal of our journal, “Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series ‘Metallurgy’” is to promote the results studies of metallurgical researchers from both the South Ural and other regions of the Ural, Russia and abroad among the Russian science and technology community.
Il'ya V. Chumanov, doctor of science (Engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Mikhail A. Ivanov, candidate of science (Engineering), associate professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Yuriy D. Koryagin, doctor of science (Engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Boris A. Kulakov, doctor of science (Engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Gennadiy G. Mikhaylov, doctor of science (Engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation (executive editor);
Konstantin Yu. Okishev, candidate of science (Phys. and Math.), associate professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation (executive secretary);
Vasiliy E. Roshchin, doctor of science (Engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Viktor G. Sherkunov, doctor of science (Engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation.
Belov Vladimir Dmitrievich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, National University of Science and Technology «MISIS», Moscow, Russian Federation;
Beskachko Valeriy Petrovich, doctor of science (phys. and math.), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Drozin Aleksandr Dmitrievich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Dubrovin Vitaliy Konstantinovich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Elanskiy Gennadiy Nikolaevich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, Moscow State University of Mechanical Engineering (MAMI), Moscow, Russian Federation;
Frage Nahum, professor, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel;
Kulagin Nikolay Mikhaylovich, candidate of science (chemistry), professor, Siberian State Industrial University, Novokuznetsk, Russian Federation;
Lykasov Aleksandr Aleksandrovich, doctor of science (chemistry), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Mysik Raisa Konstantinovna, doctor of science (engineering), professor, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation;
Naizabekov Abdrakhman Batyrbekovich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, Rudny Industrial Institute, Rudny, Kazakhstan;
Shao Wenzhu, professor, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China;
Vdovin Konstantin Nikolaevich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, Magnitogorsk State Technical University named after G. I. Nosov, Magnitogorsk, Russian Federation;
Vydrin Aleksandr Vladimirovich, doctor of science (engineering), Russian Research Institute of the Tube and Pipe Industries, JSC, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
Yakovleva Irina Leonidovna, doctor of science (engineering), Institute of Metal Physics, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation.
Znamenskiy Leonid Gennad'evich, doctor of science (engineering), professor, South Ural State University, Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation;
About the journal
The journal “Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series ‘Metallurgy’” is founded in 2001.
The journal’s founder is the Federal State State-Financed Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “South Ural State University” (National Research University)
The journal’s periodicity is twice a year.
Certificate of registration PI No. FS77-26455 of December 13, 2006 is issued by the Federal Service for Media Law Compliance and Cultural Heritage.
The edition is registered in the ISSN International Center, ISSN 1990-8482.
By the decision of Presidium of State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No. 6/6 of February 19, 2010 the periodical is included in the “Catalogue of leading reviewed academic periodicals and publications which publish basic scientific results of thesis for Candidate and Doctor of Science”.
The periodical is included in Research Reports and Data base of All-Russian Institute of Scientific and Engineering Information (VINITI). The journal’s data are published in the Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory.
Information of the published papers is regularly transferred and indexed to the Russian Science Citation Index.
Subsciption index 29562 in the “Russian Press” catalogue.
South Ural State University, Faculty of Physics and Metallurgy, Dept. of Physical Chemistry (room 422, 76 Lenin ave., Chelyabinsk, Russian Federation).
Executive editor: Gennadiy G. Mikhaylov. Tel.: +7 (351) 265-62-05. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive secretary: Konstantin Yu. Okishev. Tel.: +7 (351) 267-90-13. E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail address: Prof. G.G. Mikhaylov. South Ural State University, 76 Lenin ave., Chelyabinsk, 454080, Russian Federation.
The Journal’s Scope
“Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series ‘Metallurgy’” publishes papers in the fields of physical chemistry of metallurgical systems, metal physics and physical metallurgy, heat treatment of metals and alloys, theory and technology of production processes of metals and alloys, metallurgical equipment, metal casting, metallurgical heat engineering, metal forming as well as related areas of science and technology.
Types of papers that can be published in the journal are:
— original research papers not published elsewhere before;
— review papers (on agreement of the editorial board);
— brief reports containing results of smaller works, including post-graduate students’;
— reviews of published books or other works.
Requirements for paper submission
To be accepted for consideration the submission should contain the following documents.
1. One printed copy of the manuscript. Recommended volume is 6 to 12 pages of A4 format. The manuscript is to be printed in Times New Roman font, 14 pt size, single interlinear interval. Figures and tables with captions are to be inserted in the text at appropriate places. List of references is placed at the end of the paper. References are to be listed in accordance with All-Russian State Standard 7.1–2003 “Bibliographic Record. Bibliographic Description”. In other details the authors should follow the “Instruction on the Order of Preparation and Publishing of Internal Literature” of the South Ural State University. It is recommended to retain an empty field of 4–5 cm at the top of the first page of the manuscript for editorial marks. The manuscript must be signed by all authors on the reverse side of the first page. The journal accepts papers in Russian and English languages.
2. Abstract containing: UDC code, paper title, author list, abstract text and keyword list.
3. Information about all authors: surname, patronic name (if applicable), personal name, academic degree, academic status, position, affiliation with mail address, contact phone with codes (optional), and e-mail (obligatory). This information is published in the journal.
4. English translation of the title, abstract, keywords, author information and reference list. Guidelines for translating reference list into English are provided in a separate section (for Russian authors).
5. Electronic version of all the above documents. The authors are encouraged to submit the original file of the paper together with its copy in Rich Text File (RTF) format.
6. Expert conclusion on the possibility of open publication of the paper signed by the head of the authors’ organization and sealed (except for the authors outside Russian Federation).
7. After accepting the paper for publication each author has to sign a License Agreement; its sample can be obtained from the Editorial Board on request.
8. The journal contains a Brief Reports section intended in particular for rapid publication of reports about new research results (not impeding further publication of a more complete version in the “Bulletin of the SUSU” or other journal) and for publication of small papers, including those authored by post-graduates. Rules of submission of papers to this section are the same, but manuscript size should not exceed 4–5 pages.
9. The Editorial Board retains the rule not to accept papers submitted with deviations from the above listed guidelines.
Recommendations for preparing paper abstract
All papers presented to the journal have to be accompanied by author’s abstract. It is a brief résumé of the work and has to be clear to the reader without addressing to the full text of the article. Recommended size is 100 to 250 words. The abstract may include the following aspects of the work:
— subject, topic and object of the work;
— materials and methods used;
— obtained results;
— area of application of results;
The abstract should reflect the content of the paper and describe the problem being solved, methods used, results and conclusions. It should not contain figures, tables, formulae, bibliographic records or reference to these, nor acknowledgement of financial support. Abstract text should use The syntax of the abstract text should be that of scientific and technical documents, complex grammatical structures are to be avoided.
When preparing the English translation of the abstract correct English terminology should be used, word-by-word translation of the Russian terms is unacceptable. Terminology used should be the same throughout the text.
The journal is published twice a year. Contents of issues are formed as the manuscripts are submitted and accepted for publication.
Submitted manuscripts, if conforming with the above listed rules, are sent for prepublication review. Reviewers must be well-known experts in the corresponding field of science or technology, generally having an academic degree, including the members of the Editorial Commission of the journal. Members of the Editorial Board may not be reviewers. The period of prepublication review is up to one month starting from the moment of manuscript submission. Prepublication review should contain concise description of:
— actuality of the purpose of the study;
— novelty and practical significance of its results;
— style and correctness of the text and manuscript presentation;
— final opinion of the reviewer on the possibility of publication of the manuscript in its current form in the “Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series ‘Metallurgy’”.
The review is to be signed by the reviewer with indication of his/her academic degree, affiliation and status. If the reviewer is not affiliated with the South Ural State University, his/her signature has to be confirmed by the organization’s seal.
Not later than in two weeks after receiving the review the Editorial Board makes on its basis a decision on accepting the manuscript for publication in its current form, sending it to the authors for revision or rejecting the manuscript due to insufficient research level or not corresponding to the journal’s scope. The authors are informed of the opinion of the reviewer and the Editorial Board, but not of the reviewer’s name.
Manuscripts not accepted for publication and accompanying documents are not returned to the authors.