AFFIDAVIT PURSUANT TO NYS TAX LAW § 253(1-a)(b)
EXEMPT CREDIT UNION
STATE OF NEW YORK :
COUNTY OF __________ :
__________, being duly sworn, deposes and says:
1. I am the attorney for the __________ Union, a cooperative association organized under the Federal Credit Union Act with a place of business at __________.
2. This affidavit is made to the Register/Clerk of the County of _________ in connection with a mortgage dated __________ by and between __________ to the __________ Union, as mortgagee in the principal amount of $_________.
3. Specifically, your deponent makes this affidavit in order that the mortgagee referred to in paragraph “2” hereinabove be granted an exemption from the special additional mortgage tax imposed by section 253 of the NYS Tax Law.
4. The said Credit Union is exempt from the Special Additional Mortgage under section 253 of the NYS Tax Law which provides: “An organization organized other than for profit which is operated on a nonprofit basis no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any officer, director or member and which is exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to subsection (a) of section five hundred one of the internal revenue code shall be exempt from the special additional tax imposed by this subdivision.”
5. The __________ Union is exempt from federal income taxation as a credit union “without capital stock organized and operated for mutual purposes and without profit” (26 USCA section 501).
WHEREFORE, deponent respectfully requests that such mortgage tendered herewith for recording may be declared exempt from taxation pursuant to Section 253 of Article XI of the Tax Law of the State of New York.
Sworn to before me this
_______ day of _______, 20___