Box 103 In other languages
Folder 1 AHNENBUCH DER DEUTSCHEN FAMILIE (German family ancestry book). Munich, n.d. 199 p. + 2 family-tree forms. In German. Blank.
A Fourth Reich genealogy register
2. APOSTOLOS ANDREAS (Apostle Andrew [periodical]). Istanbul, 1 Sept. 1954. In Greek.
3. Egerland, Hanns (ed.). UNSTERBLICHE VOLKS-KUNST (Immortal folk art). Munich, 1936. 126 p. Ill. In German.
4. Gordeladze, G. (ed.) ILLUSTRATIONS OF THE XIX-XX CENTURIES TO THE POEM "THE KNIGHT IN TIGER'S SKIN". Tbilisi, 1966. 12 p. + ill. (incl. color). In Georgian with Eng. abstract.
5. Gordeladze, G. (ed.). MINIATURES OF THE XVI-XVIII CENTURIES TO THE POEM "THE KNIGHT IN TIGER'S SKIN". Tbilisi, 1966. 30 p. + ill. (incl. color). In Georgian with Eng. abstract.
6. Japanese calligraphy. Hardbound volume.
7. Japanese calligraphy. Four softbound volumes.
8. Lorenzetti, Costanza. "La navigazione del Tevere da Roman a Perugia." BOLLETTINO D'ARTE DEL MINISTERO DELLA PUBBLICA ISTRUZIONE, vol. 4, no. 8, n.d. P. 337-368. In Italian.
9. Natali, A.S. SVANDY ZAHRANICHNIHO KRAJANA. Prague, n.d. 80 p. Czech.
10. Psalms. Israel, n.d. 159 p. In Hebrew with literal Russian translation.
Box 104 Newspaper clippings
Primarily in English. By general subject area.
Folder 1. Russian Orthodox Church and Alaska, including St. Herman of Alaska.
2. Russian emigres in the U.S.
3. Russian and Soviet politics.
Includes N.Y. TIMES articles on Alexander Kerensky.
4. Family of Joseph Stalin.
5. Soviet dissidents, including A. Solzhenitsyn and A. Sakharov.
6. L. Tolstoy's sons Ilia and Sergei.
8. Books and films (reviews).
Box 105 Publications and miscellaneous files
Folder 1. Lottery tickets (French, Austrian, Irish, etc.).
2. Pictorial items, sketches.
Folder includes decorative candy wrappers from L.W. Goegginger company (Riga, Latvia).
Japanese and Korean travel brochures.
Box 106 1. Stamp collection (1 volume, 3 folders, and misc. sealed envelopes)
2. BIBLIOGRAFICHESKAIA UKAZATEL’ ZAMETKI OB YAK (Bibliographic notes of the Yakut region) compiled by M. Vinokouroff 1920 Tokyo, Japan
3. 1 folder titled “Yakutsk seminary friend’s notes on life in Yakutia” ca.1910 – Okorokov, Stefan Egorovich 1889 -
Box 107 Microfiche of materials in Boxes 15, 16, 21a, 22, 23, 37, 96, 98, 99, 100, and 101
Box 108 Russian Newspapers etc… (3 X 5 index cards)
Box 109 Jews Harps and Music
Two, large, flat boxes located at the end of MS 81 collection:
Box 20 – Library of Congress scrapbook
Box 21a & Box 21b
Box 31 Folder 7
Box 32 Folder 11b
Box 41 Folder 1, 2, 3
Box 99 Folder 1, 2
Box 101 Folder 9 Item 7
Oversize: Map case
Folder 1. Art prints, engravings, etc.: Church-related.
Includes patron saints of Vinokouroff family; chart of Church Slavonic letters; sketch of priest, certificates.
2. Art prints, engravings, etc.: Alaska.
Includes signing of Alaska purchase treaty; Spruce Island-Monks Lagoon; Sitka church buildings.
3. Art prints, engravings, etc.: Siberia and Russia.
Aian Bay; political gathering.
4. Alaska maps: Kodiak.
1. Spruce Island. n.d., unknown source.
A Russian map showing Spruce Island (near Kodiak) and location of the Kad'iak shipwreck in 1862. Positive and photostat copies.
2. Spruce Island: section from a U.S. navigation chart. n.d. Photostat.
3. Spruce Island: section from a U.S. navigation chart with two Russian chart insets. Positive copy.
4. Zaliv Chiniatskoi i gavan' Pavlovskaia, opisannye vo 1805 godu Shturmanom Kapitanyin . . . Flota Kapitana i Kavalera Iuriia Lisianskogo (Chiniatsk Bay and Pavlovsk Harbor, described in 1805 by Navigator Captain Fleet Captain and Cavalier Iurii Lisianskii). Photostat and full-size copy negative.
5. Karta zaliva Chiniatskago nakhodiashchagosia pri ostrove Kad'iak, so vkhodom v Pavlovskuiu gavan' k seleniu Rossiisko Amerikanskoi kompanii (Map of Chiniatsk Bay on Kodiak Island, with the entrance into Pavlovsk Harbor to the Russian American Company settlement). Photostat and negative.
6. Plan Pavlovskoi gavani i pri onoi nakhodiashchemusia Rossiisko-Amerikanskoi kompanii seleniiu na Ostrove Kad'iake (Plan of Pavlovsk Harbor and the Russian American Company settlement on Kodiak Island). Photostat. Positive copy and negative.
Map date about 1810. Shows location of buildings and includes drawing of settlement.
7. Karta chasti ostrova Kad'iaka s Pavlovskom gavanliu (Map of part of Kodiak Island, with Pavlovsk Harbor.) Compiled by the Russian American Company. 1853. Photostat and negative.
8. Military reservation of Fort Kodiak, A.T. Engineer Office, Headquarters Military Division of the Pacific. San Francisco, Oct. 1870. Blueprint.
Map shows location of buildings, includes identification key.
Folder 5. Alaska maps: Sitka.
1. Plan Novo-Arkhangel'ska glavnago porta Rossiisko-Amerikanskoi Kompanii. 1845 (Plan of Novo-Arkhangel'sk, the main port of the Russian American Company, 1845). Photostat of map from Russian American Company annual report for 1844.
2. Zaliv Sitka, opisannoi pod smotreniem Flota Kapitana i Kaval'era Iuriia Lisianskago. 1805 (Sitka Bay, described under supervision of Fleet Captain and Cavalier Iurii Lisianskii. 1805). 2 sections. Negative and positive photostats and full-size copy negative.
3. Plan of Sitka, made by U.S. Army officers, 1867, Positive print.
4. Merkatorskaia karta zapadnagoberega ostrova Sitkhi ot Mysa Ommenido Zunda Klokacheva, sostavlena RossiiskoAmerikanskoiu Kompanieu po noveishim svedeniiam (A mercator map of the west coast of Sitka Island from Cape Ommani to Klokachev Sound, compiled by the Russian American Company from the newest information). 1850. Negative photostat and incomplete positive photostat.
Folder 6. Siberian maps
1. Plan zaliva Aian (Plan of Aniva Bay). Negative photostat.
2. Plan Okhotskago porta, s opisi Shturinana Elagina 1738g. (Plan of Okhotsk port from Shturman Elagin's description, 1738).
3. Plan okhotskago porta, s opisi podshturmana Bavina, 1844 (A plan of Okhotsk port, from sub-lieutenant Bavin's description). Negative photostat. Detail from ZAPISKI GIDROGRAFICHESKAGO DEPARTAMENTA, ch. 9, p, 148.
4. Siberia eastern-Yakutia province, showing river routes. Positive photostat of a Russian map. 2 copies.
5. Karta verkhniago techeniia rek Indigirki i Kolymy a takzhe Indigirkago-Aldanskago vodorazdela . . . (Map of the upper course of the Indigirka and Kolyma rivers and also of the Indigirka-Aldan watersheds. Corrected and brought back by expedition of I.D. Cherskii). Supplement from report in ZAPISKI IMP.AKAD.NAUK, 1893.
6. Karta Aziatskoi Rossii . . . (Map of Asiatic Russia . . 1865. Includes inset plan of Irkutsk.
7. Map of the railways connecting Europe with the Far East.
8. Karta putei ot granitsy Verkhoianskago okruga do goroda Iakutska (Map of routes from border of Verkhoiansk region to town of Yakutsk). n.d. Negative photostat.
9. Karta putei ot granitsy Verkhoianskago okruga do g. Verkhoianska (map of routes from the border of Verkhoiansk region to the town of Verkhoiansk). N.d. Negative photostat.
10. Karta vostochnoi chasti Sibiri, s pokazaniem dorog ot Iakutska do Okhotsku . . . (Map of the eastern part of Siberia, with the roads from Yakutsk to Okhotsk, Aian port, and Udsk ostrog). Negative photostat of map in Russian-American company annual report for 1857.
11. Karta ploskaia ot goroda Iakutska do Okhotskago po rekami . . . (Map of route from town of Yakutsk to port of Okhotsk following the rivers Lena, Aldan, Maia, Iudoma, and Urak to the Penzhina Sea). From William Walton's map sent to Mr. Visher at Petersburg 15 Feb. 1743.
12. Plan Okhotskago ostroga (Plan of Okhotsk ostrog). 1737. Positive photostat. Source unknown.
13. Karta izobrazhamshchaia chast' Okhotskago moria . . . (Map of part of the Okhotsk Sea, the Kamchatka Peninsula, and the Aleutian Islands). Compiled by Vasilii Berkh.
14. Karta tuzemnykh narechii . . . (Map of native dialects on the Aleutian Islands and the northwest coast of America). Compiled by Lt. Verman. 1863.
From publication of P.A. Tikhmenev.
15. Facsimile of early Russian maps of the Aleutians from A.I. Andreev, RUSSKIE OTKRYTIIA . . . Moscow, 1948. 11 items.
Folder 7. Pacific Ocean maps
1. Plan del gran Puerto de San Francisco descubierto, y demarcado par el Alferez graduadado de Fragala de la Real Armada, Dn Jose de Canizares primer Piloto de Departamento de San Blas . . . 1781.
2. Map of the world illustrating the voyages and travels of G.H. von Langsdorff. 1812. From the English edition.
3. Russian discoveries in the Pacific. Negative photostat. From L. Berg, RUSSIAN DISCOVERIES IN THE PACIFIC.
4. North America and Bering Sea. Negative and positive photostat.
Russian map, source unknown, ca. 1825.
5. Karta chasti Vostochnogo okeana - . . (Map of part of the Eastern Ocean and its islands . . . ). From Russian American Company annual report for 1859.
Folder 8. Russian portraits.
Includes group photo of Russian literary figures and color portraits of Empress Alexandra and Emperor Nicholas II.
9. Russian Orthodox Church.
Handwritten notices of meetings, 1924; church calendar of Imperial family special days.
10. Posters: theatrical events and miscellaneous.
11. Photostats of Vinokouroff family data from Yakutsk registers.
Alaska Department of Education & Early Development
Division of Libraries, Archives & Museums
P.O. Box 110571 Juneau Alaska 99811-0571 (907) 465-2925 Fax: (907) 465-2990