Complete and return this application to your One-Stop Center as soon as possible after you have been accepted into training. Proof of your acceptance into training and your attendance in at least 12 hours of classroom training or 12 credit hours per week are required. Necessary documentation must be attached for your application to be considered complete. (See Part III)
Answer all questions. Missing information will delay and/or impact the outcome of the application process.
NOTE: Unless and until you receive written notice of approval under Section 599, you must be ready, willing and able to work full-time as well as actively seeking work in order to maintain your unemployment insurance eligibility. You are required to keep a written record of your job search efforts.
1. I have carefully read and reviewed my application for possible mistakes or omissions and understand that an incomplete application may result in a disapproval of training.
2. I understand that I must remain ready, willing and able to seek and accept work until I am approved for the 599 program.
3. If approved for the 599 Program, I will advise the UI Special Programs Unit of any changes in my courses or training schedule. I will submit a copy of the revised schedule as soon as it becomes available. I will submit a copy of my grades at the end of each grading period.
4. If approved for the 599 Program, I understand that the school/training institution will have to provide to the Department of Labor evidence of my satisfactory progress and attendance periodically, and that it is my responsibility to see that this is done.
5. I understand the law provides severe penalties for willful false statements used to obtain UI benefits.
Acceptance into approved training under Section 599 of the Unemployment Insurance Law does NOT guarantee you will receive additional unemployment benefits. You should not enroll in training expected to extend beyond your normal 26 week entitlement to Unemployment Insurance unless you can afford to complete the training without receiving additional benefits. If you do become eligible for additional benefits, the maximum you may receive is 26 weeks.