Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 686/98
ZONING ORDER FOR SLOT MACHINES AT RACE TRACKS — TOWN OF RAYSIDE-BALFOUR (SUDBURY DOWNS RACEWAY)
Consolidation Period: From December 18, 1998 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. This Order applies to the land in the Town of Rayside-Balfour in the Regional Municipality of Sudbury, that is described in the Schedule, being all of the lands of the Sudbury Downs Raceway. O. Reg. 686/98, s. 1.
2. (1) The following uses of the land and erections or uses of buildings or structures on the land are permitted:
1. The location, installation, operation and use of slot machines.
2. The erection, location and use of buildings and structures to provide for the use described in paragraph 1.
3. The enlargement, alteration and extension of existing buildings or structures in order to provide for the use described in paragraph 1.
4. Such other uses, buildings and structures as may be permitted by a municipal by-law passed under section 34 of the Act. O. Reg. 686/98, s. 2 (1).
(2) Every other use of the land and every other erection or use of buildings or structures on the land is prohibited. O. Reg. 686/98, s. 2 (2).
(3) In this section,
“slot machine” means any automatic machine or slot machine,
(a) that is used or intended to be used for any purpose other than vending merchandise or services, or
(b) that is used or intended to be used for the purpose of vending merchandise or services if,
(i) the result of one of any number of operations of the machine is a matter of chance or uncertainty to the operator,
(ii) as a result of a given number of successive operations by the operator the machine produces different results, or
(iii) on any operation of the machine it discharges or emits a slug or token,
but does not include an automatic machine or slot machine that dispenses as prizes only one or more free games on that machine. O. Reg. 686/98, s. 2 (3).
The land referred to in section 1 of the Order is composed of part of Lot 7 in Concession IV more particularly described as Parcels 22159 and 8578 South West Section in the Town of Rayside-Balfour in the Regional Municipality of Sudbury.
O. Reg. 686/98, Sched.
Back to top