Meeting minutes 0 Meeting Name: Modifications Panel Meeting No: 24 Date of Meeting: 29 September 2009 Time: 10. 30am – 30pm Venue: Issacs Hotel, Dublin In Attendance




Yüklə 176.63 Kb.
tarix10.04.2016
ölçüsü176.63 Kb.




MEETING MINUTES V1.0

Meeting Name: Modifications Panel Meeting No: 24
Date of Meeting: 29 September 2009 Time: 10.30am – 2.30pm

Venue: Issacs Hotel, Dublin
In Attendance:

Members/Alternates

Iain Wright

Supplier Member & Chairperson

Airtricity

Stephen Walsh

Supplier Member

ESB CS

Tony Dunlea

Supplier Alternate

ESB CS

William Steele

Supplier Member

NIE Energy (Supply)

John Cussen

Supplier Member

BGE

Michael Walsh

Generator Member & Vice Chairperson

IWEA

Garrett Blaney

Generator Member

Viridian P&E

Kevin Hannafin

Generator Alternate

Viridian P&E

Dave O’Connor

Generator Alternate

ESBI

Grainne O' Shea

Generator Member

ESB PG

Sheenagh Rooney

Regulatory Authority Member

CER

Dana Kelleher

Regulatory Authority Alternate

CER

Juliet Corbett

RA Member

NIAUR

Denis Kelly

MDP Member

NIE T&D

Niamh Delaney

MO Member

SEMO

Aodhagan Downey

MO Alternate

SEMO

Michael Preston

TSO Member

SONI

Vivienne Price

TSO Alternate

SONI

Shane Rourke

TSO Alternate

EirGrid

Observers

Andrew Burke

Observer

ESBI

Carole Devlin

Observer

Endesa Ireland

Deirdre Powers

Observer

Endesa Ireland

Donal Lucey

Observer

ESB PG

Joseph Collins

Observer

Bord Gais

Mary Doorly

Observer

IWEA

Patrick Liddy

Observer

Activation Energy

Sinead O’Hare

Observer

NIE Energy PPB

Simon Street

Observer

RA’s Consultant

Tracy Matthews

Observer

Tynagh Energy

Roy Foreman

Observer

NIE Energy PPB

Secretariat Function

Aisling O’Donnell

Secretariat

SEMO

MT Campbell

Secretariat

SEMO

Stephanie Fargher

Secretariat

SEMO


Section 1

  1. Minutes

Minutes from Meeting 23, read and approved


  1. SEMO CMS Release Schedule update

The next CMS release is due October 30th 2009, the April 2010 release has been scoped. SEMO IT have received RA approval for a 3 year agreement with the vendors (ABB).

Next steps for April 2010 release:



  • Complete issue release proposal for RAs

  • Get approval from RAs to proceed with scope

  • issue instructions with vender to deliver agreed scope

  • Call meeting with industry on the scope of the release

The RAs addressed the issue of prioritisation, the Modifications Committee and market participants to become more involved in decisions regarding what will be included in future releases. RAs said that discussions on a process to manage priority of Modifications are ongoing between SEMO and the RAs.


  1. Modifications Raised to Date

The Secretariat gave a breakdown source of modifications raised to date and encouraged the industry to continue to raise modifications.


Total Modifications Raised To Date = 203

Company

No

%

MO

130

64.0

TSO

18

8.9

RA / CER / NIAUR

14

6.9

ESB CS

9

4.4

Airtricty

7

3.4

ESB PGEN

5

2.5

SIMDRACS

5

2.5

Secretariat (MO)

4

2.0

BGE

3

1.5

Interconnector

2

1.0

Tynagh

2

1.0

Design and Implement

1

0.5

NIE Supply

1

0.5

Activation Energy

1

0.5

Virtutility

1

0.5




  1. Legal Support for Committee

The Secretariat provided an update to the Committee. Further detail required regarding governance issues. Secretariat to circulate draft FRP to the Committee, feedback on governance and/or budget to be submitted to the Secretariat within the next two weeks. The Secretariat to update the Committee before October 31st.


  1. Secretariat Programme of Work

RA Approved Modifications (in Implementation phase)

Title

Sections Modified

Effective Date

Mod_15_09 Modifications Committee Operations - Section 2 Changes

T&SC Section 2

Sept 1st 2009

Mod_17_09 Interim Provisions to correct misaligned DLAF/CLAF/TLAF timelines

T&SC Section 4 & 7, Appendices E and K

July 10th 2009

Mod_19_09 Change to Currency Costs Smearing Rules

T&SC Section 6

July 10th 2009

Mod_20_09 Temporary extension of time allowance for submission of Formal Settlement Queries

T&SC Section 7

Sept 11th 2009

Mod_21_09 Credit Cover SRA Cancellation via email

T&SC Section 2

July 10th 2009

Mod_23_09 Additional Extension of Section 7 Clauses for calculation of Eligible Availability for Energy Limited Units

T&SC Section 7

Sept 1st 2009

Mod_28_09 Clarification on Settlement Statement – Full Settlement Period Republished

T&SC Section 6 & AP15

Aug 18th 2009

Mod_32_09 Clarification to definition and use of Monthly Load Forecast

T&SC Section 2, 4, Glossary, Appendix M & AP6

Aug 21st 2009

RA Approved Modifications with System Impacts

Mod_54_08 Individual Warning Limit above the Default Warning Limit

T&SC Section 6

October 30th 2009

Mod_49_08 Aggregate Payments for Invoices

T&SC Section 2, 6 & AP17

October 30th 2009

Mod_47_08 Validation of Technical Data: Enduring Validation Process

T&SC Section 3 & AP4

April 30th 2010 TBC

Mod_88_07 Publication of daily actual load summary

T&SC Appendix E & AP6

April 30th 2010 TBC

Work in Progress

12 Approved Modifications

4 with Systems Impacts

10 in implementation phase

Next Release of T&SC October 30th 2009 in line with CMS release


Section 2

All actions are complete other than:


Awaiting SEMC decision on lifecycle of RA Modification Proposals to have a 6 month timeline rather than an 8 months.


Section 3 New Modifications
Item
Mod
Proposer
Discussion Points
Actions/
Comment
Outcome/
Vote Result

I.

Mod_33_09 Force Majeure Reporting


RA

The RA Alternate explained this modification. There was discussion around whether the Code or licence is the appropriate document to address this modification. It was agreed that a new paragraph as proposed in the Modification is not necessary. The Committee agreed the wording “and the Regulatory Authorities” could be included in paragraph 2.329 part 2 and agreed to vote to recommend the Modification for approval subject to the wording change.


Actions:

FRR to reflect the wording “and the Regulatory Authorities” in paragraph 2.329 part 2.




Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


II.

Mod_34_09 Global Settlement


EBS CS

The proposer introduced this modification. Discussion around this resulted in widespread recognition among the Committee that the modification is intended to initiate discussion and progression towards implementation of global aggregation. A Committee Member requested an update on policy from RAs in relation timelines for global aggregation. Working Groups to be scheduled to look at various options to address how global aggregation may be implemented. Recognition among Committee that the Modification is a large project for the retail market and may involve a number of modifications to the T&SC. The Committee raised concerns over resources to prepare analysis of different options for the working groups. The choice of a Chair was considered an important factor.


Actions:

Working Group to be scheduled to further assess the option for Global Aggregation.

ToR to be circulated by Secretariat.


Deferred

III.

Mod_35_09 Standing Offer Data


Tynagh Energy

The Proposer explained this Modification. Given the 28 day window and daily movements in fuel prices, they proposed that there was a potential risk that Standing Offer Data may not be representative of actual data and that this would not be in line with bidding code of practice. The SEMO Member explained that a market window of 28 days was the design chosen for the SEM and daily bids can be changed right up to Gate Closure. In addition, if there is any type of communications failure, the Participant may submit their bids by fax. Participants that need to change their Commercial Offer Data on a daily basis to reflect changing fuel prices have every opportunity to do this. The modification is effectively suggesting changing the market window from 28 days to 1 day. A Member pointed out that Standing Offer Data are for most Participants a “last resort” but that it facilitates smaller players who would not be in a position to submit daily offers. Approval of this Modification would result in smaller players having to submit offers on a daily basis, which was not desirable.


Actions:

N/A


Recommended for Rejection

(Majority)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Preston

Michael Walsh

Niamh Delaney

Shane Rourke (abstain)

Stephen Walsh

Denis Kelly

William Steele


IV.

Mod_36_09 Extending Interim Provisions for ESU Calculation


SEMO

The SEMO Member introduced this modification which proposes to extend the timeline approved by Mod_50_08 by a further two months. It was noted if the enduring version of this modification would require systems changes that the cut off date for the October 2010 release scope would be approximately February 2010. The MO Member indicated that two months may not be a sufficient extension and proposed a four month extension as otherwise an additional modification will need to be raised for the December meeting to further extend this modification, regardless of the RAs' decision. The Committee were in agreement with this suggestion and voted to recommend the Modification for approval subject to the wording in the FRR to reflect 28 months after the Market Start Date.


Actions:

Wording of the FRR to reflect an extension of four months “28 months after the Market Start Date”.

Numbering correction of mod change in the FRR from 1.1 to 7.12.


Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


V.

Mod_37_09 Correction of IP Rules for Pumped Storage



SEMO

The SEMO Alternate provided an update on this Modification which proposes a minor change to Appendix O of the T&SC. The proposer of the modification requested a deferral of the modification following recent feedback from the TSO on the proposal.


Actions:

Proposer to reflect, if required, the feedback from the TSOs in the Modification.



Deferred

VI.

Mod_38_09 Clarification of Application Resettlement Currency Costs



SEMO

SEMO presented this modification, which proposes changes to Section 6 of the Code relating to Billing and Capacity Period Currency Costs and clarification of the calculation of currency costs for resettlement in AP15. This modification is related to Mod_19_09, which was previously approved.


Actions:

N/A


Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


VII.

Mod_39_09 Housekeeping

SEMO

The Secretariat presented this modification which proposes a number of housekeeping changes to Appendix E, Glossary definitions and general housekeeping corrections.

Actions:

N/A


Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele




Section 4 Deferred Modifications
Item
Mod
Proposer
Discussion Points
Actions/
Comment
Outcome/
Vote Result

I.

Mod_34_08_V3 Dual Rated Generator Amendment



SEMO

The Secretariat notified the Committee of an update on this modification circulated by the RAs . The extension to this modification is due to expire on September 30th 2009. The RAs informed the Secretariat that they will not grant a further extension for this modification with the exception of for the purpose of drafting an FRR. A Member raised concern in relation to secondary fuel testing cost recovery and questioned whether the T&SC is the appropriate route to deal with this issue. The RA Alternate addressed this concern indicating TSO Ancillary Services will manage cost recovery and therefore it is outside of the SEM T&SC. An observer commented on the cost of implementation of this modification given reduction in the number of price spikes resulting from the issue over the past 12 months. It was noted that due to the reduction in demand the instances of price spikes are not as apparent but could result again with an increase in demand. This modification has a systems impact, the SEMO Member presented slide on the costs of implementation. The Committee agreed to vote on the modification.


Actions:

Secretariat to request one month extension to allow for drafting of FRR.




Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


II.

Mod_65_08

Short Term Test Status



TSO

The SEMO Member presented the results of a high-level Impact Assessment from the vendor. The cost of implementing the modification based on the high level IA is expected to be in the region of €274,000.

SEMO highlighted the cost of Impact Assessments under the new vendor agreement to be €185 per hour where previously the cost was incorporated into the cost of change. A Member expressed concern regarding capacity for inclusion of Modifications in CMS releases. The MO Member pointed out that this modification will require a market test and should be grouped with other such modifications, if approved, when scheduling for release. It was agreed that a summary of the work to date on the modification should be compiled.




Actions:

TSO to provide information on consequences of not implementing the modification.

SEMO to provide information on the amount of ‘headroom’ available in future releases.

Summary of the work to date on the modification to be compiled.



Deferred

III.

Mod_12_09 Loss Adjustments in Constraints and Make Whole Payments

NIAUR

RA Members acknowledged a letter from the Modifications Committee to the SEMC and requested the Modifications Committee to follow due process and vote on Modification Proposals and produce an FRR rather than requesting the SEMC to amend or withdraw its General Direction.

ESB PG presented alternative option which proposes to adjust a constraint in the Uplift calculation to ensure market prices reflect the fact that units are settled on their loss adjusted quantities. The Committee agreed there is an inconsistency in the market pricing and settlement and there is a necessity to explore the options to correct this. Both the original proposal and a possible alternative as considered at this meeting would have significant systems impacts. The Committee agreed to schedule a Working Group with the aim to have an agreed position and impact assessment carried out on the preferred option(s) in advance of Meeting 25 of the Mods Committee on December 3rd.




Actions:

Secretariat to circulate ToR for the Working Group to Committee Members with original mod and the alternative option.


Secretariat to schedule one Working Group with the aim of agreeing a preferred option(s) for impact assessment.
.


Deferred


IV.

Mod_24_09 Definition of Tariff Year and Correction of Loss Factor Time Lines

TSO

The TSO Member explained that this modification was to align the production of loss adjustment factors to tariff year.

Actions:

N/A


Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


V.

Mod_25_09 Publication of Two Year Generation Outage Plans

ESB CS

The SONI TSO Member provided an update on this modification, it was discussed at both SONI and EirGrid GCRPs, EirGrid GCRP generally supported the modification, however there was not support for the modification at the SONI GCRP. A Generator Alternate indicated that following a meeting of the Northern Ireland Generators’ Forum, the modification was discussed and was strongly rejected. There was discussion around the reliability of data of a two year outage plan. For modelling purposes Suppliers believe the publication of a two year outage plan is an improvement on the current situation of a one year plan as a two year Generation outage plan is required to model Directed and Non-Directed Contracts. Questions raised over to possibility of gaming among generators and risk of misleading information being fed to the market if a two year outage plan were to be published. It was highlighted that ff such instances of gaming if suspected, it should be reported to the RAs.


Actions:

ESB CS to submit modification to the Grid Codes for consideration prior to an RA decision.


TSO member to confirm whether the Grid Code modification will be submitted to the North, South or both GCRPs
FRR subject to the decision of the Grid Code.

Recommended for Approval

(Majority)

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


Dave O’Connor (Reject)


VI.

Mod_26_09 Removal of Ambiguity in Various Clauses of AP10

SEMO

The modification was withdrawn by SEMO following advise from SEMO legal. A change to the original wording would result in greater ambiguity in the obligation on Parties, which was not the intention of the original modification.


Actions:

N/A


Withdrawn

VII.

Mod_27_09 Change of Letter of Credit Template Wording for Payment of All Charges

SEMO

SEMO addressed this modification following a request at Meeting 23 that SEMO present an overview of fees in relation to the Letter of Credit. A breakdown of costs showed that SEM is charged a fee of €50 for all new or changed Letters of Credit with a total of €1,450 for 29 renewals per year and €50 per draw dawn. Committee agreed to vote on modification subject to the implementation of changes to LOC take place at next renewal date.


Actions:

FRR drafting to reflect Letter of Credit changes to be reflected at next renewal date.



Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele


VIII

Mod_30_09 Removal of Restrictions on ASUs to DSUs

Activation Energy

The Secretariat gave an update on the status of the modification. Draft ToR circulated to the Committee and interested parties for comment. A Working Group along with final ToR to be scheduled for mid October.


Actions:

Secretariat to schedule a Working Group mid October.



Deferred

IX.

Mod_31_09 Unit and Interconnector Forced Outage Rate Modification

SEMO

Following a request from the Committee at Meeting 23, the TSO Member confirmed the algebra as set out in the Modification to be correct. The Committee were satisfied and agreed to vote on the Modification.

Actions:

N/A


Recommended for Approval

(Unanimous)

Dave O’Connor

Gareth Blaney

Grainne O’Shea

Iain Wright

John Cussen

Michael Walsh

Stephen Walsh

William Steele





Section 5 RA Decision
Item
Mod
Proposer
Discussion Points
Actions/
Comment
Outcome/
Vote Result

I.

Mod_44_08 Variable and Ex-Post Flattening Power Factors


TSO

The RAs addressed this modification following an RA Decision to include the modification in the scope of the CPM medium term review. The ‘further work required’ is no longer necessary and consequently the proposer agreed to withdraw the modification.


Actions:

N/A




Withdrawn



Section 6 Deferred ‘Dormant’ Modification Proposals
Item
Mod
Proposer
Discussion Points
Actions/
Comment
Outcome/
Vote Result



Mod_20_07 Publication of Commercially Sensitive Data – Supplier Volumes


NIE Energy

The proposer withdrew this modification and will submit at later stage if necessary.

Actions:

N/A



Withdrawn



Mod_68_07 Additional Market Data Transaction from MO to TSOs


TSO

The EirGrid TSO alternate member explained the necessity for this modification to retain a status of deferred.

Actions:

Secretariat to request a further extension prior to expiry on September 30th.

TSO to provide an updated IA and provide an update at Meeting 25.


Deferred

Section 7 AOB

Modifications Committee Minutes 24



September 29th 2009


Verilənlər bazası müəlliflik hüququ ilə müdafiə olunur ©azrefs.org 2016
rəhbərliyinə müraciət

    Ana səhifə