|Judgment Fund Award Data Sheet
If amount for fees, costs, or interest was included in the principal amount (stated on line 1) as part of a "lump sum award,” enter "INCLUDED ABOVE” on lines 2 through 4. Enter “NONE" for any of those items (principal, fees, costs, or interest) for which no amount was awarded/included.
1. Enter the principal amount payable (excluding attorney fees, costs, and interest) and cite the legal authority for that award (for instance, "FTCA, 28 U.S.C. 2672"or "5th Amendment Taking").
2. Enter attorney fees payable (if any) and cite legal authority for that award [for instance, "Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(4)(E)”].
3. Enter the costs payable (if any) and cite legal authority for that award [for instance, “ 28 U.S.C. 2412(a)”].
4. If the interest was calculated by the submitting agency, enter the total amount and cite the legal authority for that award [for instance, "Back Pay Act, 5 U.S.C. 5596(b)(2)"]. If the Judgment Fund is to calculate the interest, list only the dates that interest accrual starts.
5. Total amounts shown in lines 1 through 4 and enter.
6. Enter any deductions specified in the judgment or settlement agreement, or debts to be setoff under 31 U.S.C. 3728. Indicate the reason for the deduction (for instance, “FTCA withholding” or “debt setoff pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 3728") and the payee agency's name and ALC. If this deduction is a “debt setoff” pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 3728, you must attach a copy of the judgment or the plaintiff’s agreement to the debt setoff. Otherwise, FMS must seek the claimant’s consent to the setoff and may only withhold from payment an amount sufficient to pay the debt plus the costs of litigation. Litigation will be required to effect the setoff if there is no judgment of debt or if the claimant declines consent to the setoff. If there are more than three deductions, attach additional copies of this form. If there are no deductions, enter "NONE."
* Administrative debts that have been certified to the Secretary of the Treasury through the Treasury Offset Program will be setoff automatically.
7. Total amounts shown in all columns of line 6 (a, b and c) and enter.
8. Subtract the amount in line 7 from that in line 5. If greater than zero, enter the difference. If the difference is zero or less, enter "NONE.”
FMS FORM 196 ( PREVIOUS EDITIONS ARE OBSOLETE) DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
12-03 BUREAU OF THE FISCAL SERVICE