In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Governmental entity" means a county, municipality, school district, chartered unit or subdivision, a governmental unit or other special district or similar entity or any association, authority, board, commission, division, office, officer, task force or other agency of this state.
2. "Hospital" means a health care facility, whether organized for profit or not, which provides medical services, nursing services, health screening services, other health related services or supervisory care services.
3. "Nonprofit corporation" means a corporation that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(a) of the internal revenue code.
4. "Nonprofit organization" means an organization that is exempt from taxation pursuant to section 501(c) of the internal revenue code.
5. "Volunteer" means a person who performs services for a nonprofit corporation or nonprofit organization, hospital or governmental entity without compensation other than reimbursement of actual expenses incurred. The term includes a volunteer who serves as a director, officer, trustee or direct service volunteer. 12981