|E-F0RM 760 (2000/03)
THIS INDENTURE made this day of , 20__
hereinafter called the “Assignor”
OF THE FIRST PART,
, hereinafter called the “Assignee”
OF THE SECOND PART.
WHEREAS, by a Mortgage dated the ________________________________ and registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land (Registry/Titles) Division of ____________________________________ (No. __________________) as instrument No. ___________________ the Assignor herein did grant and mortgage unto the Assignee herein the lands and premises more particularly described in Schedule “A” hereto annexed which Mortgage secures payment of the sum of ______________________________________________________________ DOLLARS and interest as therein mentioned and which Mortgage is hereinafter referred to as “the Mortgage”. Whenever in this indenture reference is made to the Mortgage, it shall be deemed to include any renewals or extensions thereof and any Mortgage taken in substitution therefor either in whole or in part;
AND WHEREAS it is a condition of the lending of the monies secured or to be secured by the Mortgage, that the Assignor should assign to the Assignee, its successors and assigns, the rents reserved and payable and/or intended to be reserved and payable under, and all advantages and benefits to be derived from, leases of premises erected on the lands and premises more particularly described in Schedule “A” hereto (the “Leases”) now or hereafter entered into by the Assignor as landlord with tenants thereof (Lessees) and including without limitation the specific leases referred to in Schedule “B” hereto annexed, as additional security for the payment of the money secured by the Mortgage, and for the performance of the covenants contained therein;
AND WHEREAS it is agreed that notwithstanding anything in this Indenture contained, the Assignee is not to be bound to advance the said mortgage monies or any unadvanced portion thereof;
NOW THEREFORE THIS INDENTURE WITNESSETH that the Assignor in consideration of the premises, the making of the said Mortgage, and the sum of One ($1.00) Dollar now paid by the Assignee to the Assignor (the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged), doth covenant and agree with the Assignee as follows:
1. The Assignor hereby irrevocably transfers, assigns, and sets over to the Assignee all rents reserved and payable under the Leases (including without limitation the specific leases referred to in Schedule “B” hereto annexed) and all benefits and advantages to be derived therefrom, to hold and receive the same unto the said Assignee, its successors and assigns.
2. The Assignor covenants and agrees with the Assignee that the Assignor will not, without the consent in writing of the Assignee, permit any prepayment of rents payable under any of the Leases that will result in more than two
months’ of such rents being prepaid under such Leases, or variation, cancellation or surrender of any of the Leases, or of the terms, covenants, provisos or conditions thereof.
3. The Assignor covenants with the Assignee to perform and observe all the covenants, conditions and obligations binding upon it under the Leases.
4. The Assignor covenants and agrees irrevocably with the Assignee that the Assignee shall have the right to sue for payment and/or for enforcing anything in this Indenture herein contained in any or all of the following ways:
(a) in its own name;
(b) in the name of the Assignor
(c) in the names of both the Assignor and the Assignee jointly.
5. The Assignor agrees to assign any of the said Leases to the Assignee upon request should the Assignee deem such assignment advisable for the protection of its security, such assignment to be on a form to be prepared by the Assignee’s solicitors in such case.
6. PROVIDED, however, that until notified to the contrary in writing the Lessees shall pay the rent reserved under the Leases
, (but only to the extent that the same may be due and payable under the Leases) to the said Assignor and any notice to the contrary required by this proviso may be effectively given by sending the same by registered mail to any Lessee at its premises on the lands and premises described in Schedule “A” hereto or by delivering the same personally to any Lessee, or an officer of such Lessee.
7. The Assignor does hereby declare that any direction or request from the Assignee to pay the rents reserved to the Assignee shall be sufficient warrant and authority to the said Lessee to make such payments, and the payments of the said rentals to the Assignee shall be and operate as a discharge of the said rents to the said Lessee.
8. The Assignor covenants and agrees with the Assignee not to renew nor extend any of the Leases at rentals reserved and payable of lesser amounts than are now reserved and payable under such Leases unless compelled to do so as the result of an Arbitration Award
, or with the consent of the Assignee.
9. The Assignee covenants and agrees with the Assignor to release this Assignment of Rents upon payment in full of the Mortgage in accordance with the terms thereof and that the Assignee will, at the request and cost of the
Assignor, reassign any unmatured rents to the Assignor. In the absence of such a request the delivery to the Assignor of a discharge or cessation of the Mortgage shall operate as a release and reassignment of such rents.
10. The Assignor hereby covenants and agrees to and with the Assignee that this Assignment and everything herein contained shall be irrevocable without the consent of the Assignee.
11. PROVIDED that nothing in this Indenture contained shall be deemed to have the effect of making the Assignee responsible for the collection of the said rents or any part thereof or for the performance of any covenants
, terms or conditions either by the Assignor or by the Lessees contained in any of the said Leases, and that the Assignee shall not by virtue of these presents be deemed a mortgagee in possession of the lands and premises described in Schedule “A” hereto and the Assignee shall not be liable to account for any monies other than those actually received by it by virtue of these presents.
12. IT IS AGREED that waiver of or failure to enforce at any time or from time to time any of the rights of the Assignee under or by virtue of this Indenture shall not prejudice the Assignee’s rights in the event of the breach, default or other occasion for the exercise of such rights again occurring.
13. IT IS HEREBY DECLARED AND AGREED that these presents and everything herein contained shall enure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties hereto and each of their respective successors and assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Assignor has hereunto affixed its corporate seal under the hands of its proper signing officers duly authorized in that behalf.
SIGNED, SEALED AND DELIVERED
Description of Property
LESSEE LEASE DATE EXPIRY DATE REGISTRATION NO.