Arizona Revised Statutes Annotated Currentness
Title 36. Public Health and Safety (Refs & Annos)
Chapter 7.1. Child Care Programs (Refs & Annos)
Article 1. Day Care Centers (Refs & Annos)
§ 36-884. Exemptions
This article does not apply to the care given to children by or in:
1. The homes of parents or blood relatives.
2. A religious institution conducting a nursery in conjunction with its religious services or conducting parent-supervised occasional drop-in care.
3. A unit of the public school system, including specialized professional services provided by school districts for the sole purpose of meeting mandated requirements to address the physical and mental impairments prescribed in § 15-771. If a public school provides child care other than during the school's regular hours or for children who are not regularly enrolled in kindergarten programs or grades one through twelve, that portion of the school that provides child care is subject to standards of care prescribed pursuant to § 36-883.04.
4. A regularly organized private school engaged in an educational program which may be attended in substitution for public school pursuant to § 15-802. If the school provides child care beyond regular public school hours or for children who are not regularly enrolled in kindergarten programs or grades one through twelve, that portion of the school providing such care shall be considered a child care facility and is subject to the provisions of this article.
5. Any facility that provides training only in specific subjects, including dancing, drama, music, self-defense or religion and tutoring provided by public schools solely to improve school performance.
6. Any facility that provides only recreational or instructional activities to school age children who may come to and go from the child care facility at their own volition.
7. Any of the Arizona state schools for the deaf and the blind.
© 2009 Thomson Reuters/West. No Claim to Orig. US Gov. Works.