UNOFFICIAL COPY AS OF 04/19/16 09 REG. SESS. 09 RS HB 379/GA
AN ACT relating to inspections of manufactured homes.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky:
Section 1. KRS 227.570 is amended to read as follows:
(1) The office shall enforce such standards and requirements for the installation of plumbing, heating, and electrical systems in manufactured homes and mobile homes and for previously owned recreational vehicles as it determines are reasonably necessary in order to protect the health and safety of the occupants and the public. These standards and requirements shall be those adopted by the Manufactured Home Certification and Licensure Board.
(2) The office shall enforce such standards and requirements for the body and frame design, construction, and installation of manufactured homes and mobile homes as it determines are reasonably necessary in order to protect the health and safety of the occupants and the public. These standards and requirements shall be those adopted by the Manufactured Home Certification and Licensure Board. If any part of 1976 Ky. Acts ch. 136 conflicts with Title 6 of the Federal Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, the federal act shall take precedence.
(3) All installations of manufactured homes and mobile homes shall be performed by an installer certified under the provisions of KRS 227.560 in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, if available, or ANSI A225.1, Manufactured Home Installations.
(4) A certified installer shall apply for a certified installer seal prior to installing a manufactured home or a mobile home. The board shall promulgate administrative regulations in accordance with KRS Chapter 13A. The administrative regulations shall provide for the fees, purchase and application of the seal, report procedures, and attachment of the certified installer seal.
(5) The installation of a new manufactured home shall be inspected under the provisions of KRS 227.570(3). The retailer of the inspected property shall pay a new manufactured home installation inspection fee in an amount not to exceed one hundred fifty dollars ($150).
(6) The board shall specify the new manufactured home installation fee established in subsection (5) of this section through the promulgation of administrative regulation. The board may increase the fee, but by no more than ten percent (10%) per year.
(7) All fees received by the office under the provisions of this section shall be deposited in the trust and agency fund as specified in KRS 227.620(5).