In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Alternate recipient" means a child of a participant who has a right to enrollment under a group health plan pursuant to a medical child support order.
2. "Child" means an individual who is under eighteen years of age as of the date of the adoption or placement for adoption.
3. "Group health plan" means a plan covering employees of an employer as defined in section 607(1) of the employee retirement income security act of 1974.
4. "Placement for adoption" means the assumption and retention by a person of a legal obligation for total or partial support of a child in anticipation of adoption of the child. The child's placement with a person terminates on the termination of the legal obligations.
5. "Qualified medical child support order" means an order that creates or recognizes an alternate payment right to receive benefits for which a participant or beneficiary is eligible under a group plan. 201692